Cradle Coast Region
Local workers - Occupations - Manufacturing
Within the Cradle Coast Region, the Manufacturing workforce has a similar proportion of Managers and Professionals compared to Tasmania.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local worers in Cradle Coast Region will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Cradle Coast Region;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 – by place of work
Please note: Currently only 2016 data are available for work destination. 2011 data are not comparable due to a change in methodology in 2016 which “imputed” a work destination to those workers who didn’t state their work destination. This means comparisons with earlier years should not be made. .id are currently sourcing data collected under the same methodology in 2011 which will be added to this page at a later date. For a detailed case study of this issue please visit our blog post.
|Local workers occupations|
|Cradle Coast Region - Manufacturing||2016|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Tasmania %|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||985||23.8||26.9||0||--||--||+985||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||72||1.7||2.2||0||--||--||+72||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||312||7.6||6.9||0||--||--||+312||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||500||12.1||13.9||0||--||--||+500||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||66||1.6||1.4||0||--||--||+66||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id, the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the Manufacturing in Cradle Coast Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Labourers (1,320 local workers or 32.0%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (985 local workers or 23.8%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (500 local workers or 12.1%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,805 people in total or 67.9% of the Manufacturing local workers .
In comparison, Tasmania employed 23.7% as Labourers; 26.9% as Technicians and Trades Workers; and 13.9% as Machinery Operators And Drivers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Manufacturing in the Cradle Coast Region and Tasmania were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (32.0% compared to 23.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (23.8% compared to 26.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (4.4% compared to 6.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (12.1% compared to 13.9%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Manufacturing in the Cradle Coast Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Labourers (+1,320 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+985 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+500 local workers)
- Managers (+464 local workers)