Circular Head Council area
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
Within Circular Head Council area, the workforce has a similar proportion of Managers and Professionals compared to Tasmania.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local worers in Cradle Coast Region will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Cradle Coast Region;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 – by place of work
Please note: Currently only 2016 data are available for work destination. 2011 data are not comparable due to a change in methodology in 2016 which “imputed” a work destination to those workers who didn’t state their work destination. This means comparisons with earlier years should not be made. .id are currently sourcing data collected under the same methodology in 2011 which will be added to this page at a later date. For a detailed case study of this issue please visit our blog post.
|Local workers occupations|
|Circular Head Council area - All industries||2016|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Tasmania %|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||407||11.2||13.9||0||--||--||+407||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||297||8.2||12.4||0||--||--||+297||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||310||8.6||13.0||0||--||--||+310||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||331||9.1||6.3||0||--||--||+331||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||74||2.0||1.7||0||--||--||+74||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the in Circular Head Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Labourers (894 local workers or 24.7%)
- Managers (770 local workers or 21.3%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (407 local workers or 11.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,071 people in total or 57.2% of the local workers .
In comparison, Tasmania employed 11.7% as Labourers; 12.2% as Managers; and 13.9% as Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the in Circular Head Council area and Tasmania were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (24.7% compared to 11.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Managers (21.3% compared to 12.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (8.3% compared to 18.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (8.6% compared to 13.0%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the in Circular Head Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Labourers (+894 local workers)
- Managers (+770 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+407 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+331 local workers)