City of Darebin
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) professionals in the City of Darebin than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Darebin's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Darebin||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||128||6.7||8.8||101||6.8||9.6||+27||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||474||24.7||29.4||352||23.8||28.6||+122||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||152||7.9||9.3||130||8.8||10.4||+22||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||12||0.6||0.9||6||0.4||0.8||+6||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||21||1.1||1.3||27||1.8||1.5||-6||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) in City of Darebin in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (686 people or 35.7%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (474 people or 24.7%)
- Managers (280 people or 14.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 1,440 people in total or 75.0% of the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services).
In comparison, Victoria employed 22.2% in Professionals; 29.4% in Community and Personal Service Workers; and 16.5% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) of the City of Darebin and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) employed as Professionals (35.7% compared to 22.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (24.7% compared to 29.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (6.7% compared to 8.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) employed as Managers (14.6% compared to 16.5%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services)] in City of Darebin increased by 438 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Darebin were for those employed as:
- Professionals (+154 people)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+122 people)
- Managers (+63 people)