City of Darebin
Local workers - Qualifications - Arts and Recreation Services
In the City of Darebin, the Arts and Recreation Services workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to Victoria.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Darebin - Arts and Recreation Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||395||43.8||32.5||300||38.7||28.3||+95|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||85||9.4||12.2||83||10.7||11.5||+2|
|Certificate I and II Level||9||1.0||1.2||11||1.4||1.3||-2|
|Certificate III & IV Level||82||9.1||13.5||65||8.4||13.8||+17|
|Certificate Level, nfd||8||0.9||2.1||15||1.9||2.1||-7|
|Inadequately described or not stated||12||1.3||2.3||23||3.0||3.2||-11|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Darebin in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 64.3% of the workers (Arts and Recreation Services) who held educational qualifications, and 34.4% had no qualifications, compared with 61.4% and 36.3% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Arts and Recreation Services) of the City of Darebin and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers (Arts and Recreation Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (43.8% compared to 32.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Arts and Recreation Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (9.1% compared to 13.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Arts and Recreation Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (9.4% compared to 12.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Arts and Recreation Services) with No qualification (34.4% compared to 36.3%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Arts and Recreation Services workforce in the City of Darebin between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+95 local workers)
- No qualification (+31 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+17 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (-7 local workers)