City of Darebin
Local workers - Occupations - Wholesale Trade
Within the City of Darebin, the Wholesale Trade workforce has a similar proportion of Managers and Professionals compared to Victoria.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in City of Darebin will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in City of Darebin;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
Please note – The 2016 Census used a new methodology to “impute” a work location to people who didn’t state their workplace address. As a result, 2016 and 2011 place of work data are not normally comparable. To allow comparison between 2011 and 2016, .id has sourced a 2011 dataset from the ABS which was experimentally imputed using the same methodology. To provide this detail, City of Darebin in 2011 had to be constructed from a best fit of Work Destination Zones (DZNs). While it may not be an exact match to the LGA or region boundary, it is considered close enough to allow some comparison. Users should treat this time series data with caution, however, and not compare directly with 2011 data from any other source.
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Darebin - Wholesale Trade||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria %||Number||%||Victoria %||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||134||6.8||7.2||183||6.8||6.9||-49||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||3||0.2||0.3||6||0.2||0.2||-3||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||437||22.3||17.8||562||20.8||18.4||-125||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||332||16.9||13.2||485||18.0||13.6||-153||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||11||0.6||0.8||40||1.5||1.6||-29||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in City of Darebin in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (440 local workers or 22.4%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (437 local workers or 22.3%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (332 local workers or 16.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 1,209 people in total or 61.6% of the Wholesale Trade local workers .
In comparison, Victoria employed 22.3% as Managers; 17.8% as Clerical and Administrative Workers; and 13.2% as Machinery Operators And Drivers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the City of Darebin and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (22.3% compared to 17.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (16.9% compared to 13.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (9.6% compared to 15.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (16.4% compared to 17.4%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade in the City of Darebin workforce between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-153 local workers)
- Sales Workers (-150 local workers)
- Managers (-144 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-125 local workers)