City of Darebin
Local workers - Occupations - Arts and Recreation Services
In the City of Darebin (Arts and Recreation Services), 39.7% of workers were Professionals, compared to 29.4% in Victoria.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the City of Darebin will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the City of Darebin;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Darebin - Arts and Recreation Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||56||6.2||8.8||37||4.9||9.5||+19|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||243||26.8||29.4||200||26.4||28.7||+43|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||52||5.7||9.3||57||7.5||10.5||-5|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||--||0||0.9||8||1.1||0.8||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||7||0.8||1.3||7||0.9||1.5||--|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Arts and Recreation Services workforce in the City of Darebin in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (360 local workers or 39.7%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (243 local workers or 26.8%)
- Managers (132 local workers or 14.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 735 people in total or 81.1% of the Arts and Recreation Services local workers.
In comparison, Victoria employed 22.1% as Professionals; 29.4% as Community and Personal Service Workers and 16.6% as Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Arts and Recreation Services workforce in the City of Darebin and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers(Arts and Recreation Services) employed as Professionals (39.7% compared to 22.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Arts and Recreation Services) employed as Labourers (2.2% compared to 6.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Arts and Recreation Services) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (5.7% compared to 9.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Arts and Recreation Services) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (26.8% compared to 29.4%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Arts and Recreation Services workforce in the City of Darebin between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Managers (+50 local workers)
- Professionals (+49 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+43 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+19 local workers)