Developing East Arnhem Limited area
Resident workers - Field of qualification
There are more resident workers qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies in Developing East Arnhem Limited area than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among Developing East Arnhem Limited area's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in Developing East Arnhem Limited area or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of Developing East Arnhem Limited area, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Developing East Arnhem Limited area||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||RDA Northern Territory%||Number||%||RDA Northern Territory%||2011 to 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||26||0.9||1.7||48||1.1||1.6||-22||30000||P|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||358||11.8||13.7||594||14.0||12.1||-236||50000||P|
|Architecture and Building||97||3.2||4.2||160||3.8||3.8||-63||60000||P|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||52||1.7||2.0||78||1.8||2.1||-26||70000||P|
|Management and Commerce||275||9.1||12.2||305||7.2||10.6||-30||91000||P|
|Society and Culture||224||7.4||8.8||216||5.1||7.4||+8||92000||P|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||61||2.0||3.7||73||1.7||3.5||-12||94000||P|
|Mixed Field Programmes||8||0.3||0.2||6||0.1||0.1||+2||95000||P|
|Not stated or inadequately described||225||7.4||3.9||216||5.1||4.3||+9||96000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the field of qualifications in Developing East Arnhem Limited area shows that the three largest fields the resident workers were qualified in were:
- Engineering and Related Technologies (358 people or 11.8%)
- Management and Commerce (275 people or 9.1%)
- Education (272 people or 9.0%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 905 people in total or 29.9% of the resident workers .
In comparison, RDA Northern Territory employed 13.7% in Engineering and Related Technologies; 12.2% in Management and Commerce; and 5.9% in Education.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers of Developing East Arnhem Limited area and RDA Northern Territory were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers qualified in Education (9.0% compared to 5.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers qualified in Management and Commerce (9.1% compared to 12.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies (11.8% compared to 13.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers qualified in Food, Hospitality and Personal Services (2.0% compared to 3.7%)
The number of resident workers in Developing East Arnhem Limited area decreased by 1,212 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Developing East Arnhem Limited area were for those qualified in:
- Engineering and Related Technologies (-236 people)
- Education (-65 people)
- Architecture and Building (-63 people)