Developing East Arnhem Limited area
Resident workers - Hours worked
43.8% of the resident workers in Developing East Arnhem Limited area work 40 or more hours, compared to 50.5% in RDA Northern Territory.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Developing East Arnhem Limited area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Developing East Arnhem Limited area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Developing East Arnhem Limited area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||RDA Northern Territory%||Number||%||RDA Northern Territory%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||209||6.9||6.6||321||7.5||6.7||-112||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||264||8.7||6.2||487||11.4||6.4||-223||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||343||11.3||8.2||349||8.2||8.1||-6||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||620||20.5||21.7||590||13.9||19.8||+30||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||308||10.2||10.1||582||13.7||11.2||-274||22007|
|49 hours or more||434||14.4||21.5||745||17.5||20.7||-311||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Developing East Arnhem Limited area's resident workers in 2016 compared to RDA Northern Territory shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 31.1% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 64.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 25.3% and 72.1% respectively for RDA Northern Territory.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Developing East Arnhem Limited area and RDA Northern Territory were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (11.3% compared to 8.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (8.7% compared to 6.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked Not stated (4.6% compared to 2.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (14.4% compared to 21.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Developing East Arnhem Limited area decreased by 730 people (27.3%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Developing East Arnhem Limited area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-311 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-274 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (-223 people)
- 40 hours (-175 people)