Developing East Arnhem Limited area
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers professionals in Developing East Arnhem Limited area than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Developing East Arnhem Limited area's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Developing East Arnhem Limited area||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||RDA Northern Territory%||Number||%||RDA Northern Territory%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||361||11.9||15.8||619||14.6||15.1||-258||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||490||16.2||13.8||447||10.5||13.4||+43||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||335||11.1||13.7||396||9.3||14.7||-61||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||216||7.1||5.7||390||9.2||6.1||-174||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||148||4.9||2.5||206||4.8||2.4||-58||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Developing East Arnhem Limited area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (764 people or 25.2%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (490 people or 16.2%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (361 people or 11.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 1,615 people in total or 53.3% of the resident workers .
In comparison, RDA Northern Territory employed 20.1% in Professionals; 13.8% in Community and Personal Service Workers; and 15.8% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of Developing East Arnhem Limited area and RDA Northern Territory were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Professionals (25.2% compared to 20.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (11.9% compared to 15.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Managers (9.5% compared to 12.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (11.1% compared to 13.7%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in Developing East Arnhem Limited area decreased by 1,222 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Developing East Arnhem Limited area were for those employed as:
- Labourers (-381 people)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-258 people)
- Professionals (-204 people)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-174 people)