Developing East Arnhem Limited area
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
Within Developing East Arnhem Limited area, the workforce has a similar proportion of Managers and Professionals compared to Northern Territory.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local worers in Developing East Arnhem Limited area will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Developing East Arnhem Limited area;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 – by place of work
Please note: Currently only 2016 data are available for work destination. 2011 data are not comparable due to a change in methodology in 2016 which “imputed” a work destination to those workers who didn’t state their work destination. This means comparisons with earlier years should not be made. .id are currently sourcing data collected under the same methodology in 2011 which will be added to this page at a later date. For a detailed case study of this issue please visit our blog post.
|Local workers occupations|
|Developing East Arnhem Limited area - All industries||2016|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Northern Territory %|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||753||16.9||17.1||0||--||--||+753||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||587||13.2||13.1||0||--||--||+587||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||432||9.7||13.2||0||--||--||+432||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||573||12.9||6.1||0||--||--||+573||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||179||4.0||2.4||0||--||--||+179||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the in Developing East Arnhem Limited area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (976 local workers or 21.9%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (753 local workers or 16.9%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (587 local workers or 13.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,316 people in total or 52.0% of the local workers .
In comparison, Northern Territory employed 20.0% as Professionals; 17.1% as Technicians and Trades Workers; and 13.1% as Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the in Developing East Arnhem Limited area and Northern Territory were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (12.9% compared to 6.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (9.7% compared to 13.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Managers (8.9% compared to 11.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (4.1% compared to 6.5%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the in Developing East Arnhem Limited area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Professionals (+976 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+753 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+587 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+573 local workers)