Developing East Arnhem Limited area
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
Within Developing East Arnhem Limited area, the workforce has a similar proportion of Managers and Professionals compared to the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Developing East Arnhem Limited area will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Developing East Arnhem Limited area;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
Please note – The 2016 Census used a new methodology to “impute” a work location to people who didn’t state their workplace address. As a result, 2016 and 2011 place of work data are not normally comparable. To allow comparison between 2011 and 2016, .id has sourced a 2011 dataset from the ABS which was experimentally imputed using the same methodology. To provide this detail, Developing East Arnhem Limited area in 2011 had to be constructed from a best fit of Work Destination Zones (DZNs). While it may not be an exact match to the LGA or region boundary, it is considered close enough to allow some comparison. Users should treat this time series data with caution, however, and not compare directly with 2011 data from any other source.
|Local workers occupations|
|Developing East Arnhem Limited area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services %||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services %||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||753||16.9||13.8||1,076||18.6||--||-323||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||587||13.2||--||545||9.4||--||+42||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||432||9.7||31.0||508||8.8||26.9||-76||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||573||12.9||--||710||12.3||--||-137||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||179||4.0||--||240||4.1||--||-61||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the workforce in Developing East Arnhem Limited area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (976 local workers or 21.9%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (753 local workers or 16.9%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (587 local workers or 13.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,316 people in total or 52.0% of the local workers .
In comparison, the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce within Developing East Arnhem Limited area employed 10.3% as Professionals; 13.8% as Technicians and Trades Workers; and % as Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in Developing East Arnhem Limited area and the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (13.2% compared to 0.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (12.9% compared to 0.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (4.1% compared to 34.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (9.7% compared to 31.0%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the in Developing East Arnhem Limited area workforce between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Labourers (-453 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-323 local workers)
- Professionals (-210 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-137 local workers)