Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Eurobodalla Shire's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 and 2021 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2016 - 2021|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||2,453||16.2||11.9||2,092||16.1||12.7||+361|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,118||14.0||10.6||1,714||13.2||10.4||+404|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||1,800||11.9||13.0||1,608||12.4||13.8||+192|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||782||5.2||6.0||708||5.5||6.1||+74|
|Inadequately described or not stated||327||2.2||1.9||221||1.7||1.8||+106|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Eurobodalla Shire in 2021shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (2,499 people or 16.5%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (2,453 people or 16.2%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (2,118 people or 14.0%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 7,070 people in total or 46.8% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, New South Wales employed 25.8% in Professionals; 11.9% in Technicians and Trades Workers and 10.6% in Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of Eurobodalla Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (16.5% compared to 25.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (16.2% compared to 11.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (14.0% compared to 10.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Labourers (11.2% compared to 8.2%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Eurobodalla Shire increased by 2,136 between 2016 and 2021.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2016 and 2021 in Eurobodalla Shire were those employed as:
- Professionals (+435 persons)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+404 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+361 persons)
- Managers (+309 persons)