Resident workers - Occupations of employment
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Eurobodalla Shire's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||2,092||16.1||12.7||2,067||16.5||13.2||+25|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||1,714||13.2||10.4||1,567||12.5||9.5||+147|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||1,608||12.4||13.8||1,577||12.6||15.1||+31|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||708||5.5||6.1||688||5.5||6.4||+20|
|Inadequately described or not stated||221||1.7||1.8||210||1.7||1.8||+11|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Eurobodalla Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (2,092 people or 16.1%)
- Professionals (2,064 people or 15.9%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (1,714 people or 13.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 5,870 people in total or 45.2% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, New South Wales employed 12.7% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 23.6% in Professionals and 10.4% in Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of Eurobodalla Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (15.9% compared to 23.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (16.1% compared to 12.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (13.2% compared to 10.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Sales Workers (11.7% compared to 9.2%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Eurobodalla Shire increased by 442 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Eurobodalla Shire were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+147 persons)
- Professionals (+87 persons)
- Managers (+43 persons)
- Sales Workers (+42 persons)