Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in Eurobodalla Shire across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2021 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2021|
|Eurobodalla Shire - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2016 - 2021|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,030||14.5||10.8||1,884||15.7||10.8||+146|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,747||12.5||10.5||1,550||12.9||10.5||+197|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,079||14.9||10.0||1,864||15.6||10.5||+215|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,814||20.2||20.4||2,162||18.0||19.1||+652|
|41 hours - 48 hours||919||6.6||7.4||789||6.6||9.1||+130|
|49 hours or more||1,370||9.8||11.5||1,359||11.3||14.9||+11|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in Eurobodalla Shire in 2021compared to New South Wales within Eurobodalla Shire shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 47.3% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 50.4% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.3% and 58.0% respectively for New South Wales within Eurobodalla Shire.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in Eurobodalla Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who did not work (5.4% compared to 9.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.5% compared to 10.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (14.9% compared to 10.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (13.8% compared to 18.7%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in Eurobodalla Shire between 2016 and 2021 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+652 local workers)
- 40 hours (+287 local workers)
- None (+282 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+215 local workers)