Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Eurobodalla Shire - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||2,268||18.9||32.6||1,872||16.1||27.9||+396|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||1,252||10.4||11.1||1,100||9.5||10.5||+152|
|Certificate I and II Level||232||1.9||1.2||234||2.0||1.4||-2|
|Certificate III & IV Level||3,267||27.2||18.7||2,957||25.4||18.8||+310|
|Certificate Level, nfd||359||3.0||2.3||223||1.9||1.9||+136|
|Inadequately described or not stated||411||3.4||2.9||579||5.0||4.5||-168|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Eurobodalla Shire in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 61.5% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 35.0% had no qualifications, compared with 65.9% and 31.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Eurobodalla Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (18.9% compared to 32.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (27.2% compared to 18.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (35.0% compared to 31.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate I and II Level (1.9% compared to 1.2%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Eurobodalla Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-459 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+396 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+310 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+152 local workers)