Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Eurobodalla Shire will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Eurobodalla Shire;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 & 2021 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Eurobodalla Shire - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2016 - 2021|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||2,067||14.8||11.8||1,714||14.3||12.7||+353|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,007||14.4||10.6||1,645||13.7||10.4||+362|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||1,718||12.3||13.0||1,577||13.2||13.8||+141|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||734||5.3||6.0||597||5.0||6.1||+137|
|Inadequately described or not stated||286||2.0||1.9||198||1.7||1.8||+88|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in Eurobodalla Shire in 2021shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (2,377 local workers or 17.0%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (2,067 local workers or 14.8%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (2,007 local workers or 14.4%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 6,451 people in total or 46.2% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, New South Wales employed 25.9% as Professionals; 11.8% as Technicians and Trades Workers and 10.6% as Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in Eurobodalla Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (17.0% compared to 25.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (14.4% compared to 10.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (11.1% compared to 8.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (14.8% compared to 11.8%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in Eurobodalla Shire between2016 and 2021 were those employed as:
- Professionals (+371 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+362 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+353 local workers)
- Managers (+277 local workers)