Local workers - Occupations - All industries
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Eurobodalla Shire will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Eurobodalla Shire;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Eurobodalla Shire - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||1,714||14.3||12.7||1,668||14.4||13.2||+46|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||1,645||13.7||10.4||1,513||13.0||9.5||+132|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||1,577||13.2||13.8||1,540||13.3||15.0||+37|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||597||5.0||6.1||597||5.1||6.4||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||198||1.7||1.8||196||1.7||1.8||+2|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in Eurobodalla Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (2,006 local workers or 16.7%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (1,714 local workers or 14.3%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (1,645 local workers or 13.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 5,365 people in total or 44.8% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, New South Wales employed 23.6% as Professionals; 12.7% as Technicians and Trades Workers and 10.4% as Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in Eurobodalla Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (16.7% compared to 23.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (13.7% compared to 10.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (12.6% compared to 9.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (10.6% compared to 8.8%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in Eurobodalla Shire between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+132 local workers)
- Professionals (+104 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+46 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (+37 local workers)