44.0% of the resident workers (All industries) in the Federation Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.1% in NSW.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Federation Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Federation Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Federation Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||NSW%||Number||%||NSW%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||572||11.5||10.8||567||11.1||10.4||+5|
|16 hours - 24 hours||500||10.1||10.4||476||9.3||9.7||+24|
|25 hours - 34 hours||579||11.6||10.5||539||10.5||9.8||+40|
|35 hours - 39 hours||751||15.1||19.1||700||13.7||18.2||+51|
|41 hours - 48 hours||405||8.1||9.1||531||10.4||10.0||-126|
|49 hours or more||854||17.2||14.9||951||18.6||16.4||-97|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Federation Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to NSW shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 38.5% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 59.1% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for NSW.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the Federation Council area and NSW were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked None (5.3% compared to 3.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (15.1% compared to 19.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (18.6% compared to 20.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (17.2% compared to 14.9%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Federation Council area decreased by 258 people (-8.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the Federation Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-126 persons)
- 49 hours or more (-97 persons)
- 40 hours (-86 persons)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+51 persons)