Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing employs more of the Federation Council area's resident workforce than any other industry sector.
Industry sector data identifies the industries in which the residents of an area work either within the residing area or elsewhere. Comparing the industry sectors in which the Federation Council area residents are employed in the industry sectors that are located in the Federation Council area, indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents, or on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Industry sector statistics in the Federation Council area are influenced by a range of factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available within commuting distance;
- The educational levels of the local population; and
- The working and social aspirations of the local population.
Industry sector data should be viewed in conjunction with Residents place of work.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers industry of employment|
|Federation Council area - Persons||2016||2011||Change|
|Industry (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||NSW||Number||%||NSW||2011 - 2016|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||828||16.7||2.1||738||13.7||2.1||+90|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||31||0.6||0.9||42||0.8||1.0||-11|
|Accommodation and Food Services||381||7.7||7.1||435||8.1||6.3||-54|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||255||5.1||4.7||285||5.3||4.6||-30|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||15||0.3||2.2||11||0.2||2.2||+4|
|Financial and Insurance Services||48||1.0||4.9||59||1.1||4.8||-11|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||31||0.6||1.8||28||0.5||1.5||+3|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||134||2.7||8.1||144||2.7||7.4||-10|
|Administrative and Support Services||141||2.8||3.5||117||2.2||3.1||+24|
|Public Administration and Safety||229||4.6||6.0||221||4.1||5.8||+8|
|Education and Training||283||5.7||8.4||279||5.2||7.5||+4|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||539||10.8||12.5||512||9.5||10.9||+27|
|Arts and Recreation Services||62||1.2||1.5||47||0.9||1.4||+15|
|Industry not classified||211||4.2||4.7||135||2.5||2.3||+76|
Analysis of the jobs held by the resident workforce in the Federation Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular industry sectors were:
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (828 people or 16.7%)
- Manufacturing (592 people or 11.9%)
- Health Care and Social Assistance (539 people or 10.8%)
In combination these three industries employed 1,959 people in total or 39.4% of the total resident workforce.
In comparison, NSW employed 2.1% in Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing; 5.8% in Manufacturing and 12.5% in Health Care and Social Assistance.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workforce of the Federation Council area and NSW were:
- A larger percentage of resident workforce employed in Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (16.7% compared to 2.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workforce employed in Manufacturing (11.9% compared to 5.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workforce employed in Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (2.7% compared to 8.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workforce employed in Financial and Insurance Services (1.0% compared to 4.9%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the resident workforce between 2011 and 2016 in the Federation Council area were for those employed in:
- Manufacturing (-306 resident workforce)
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (+90 resident workforce)
- Industry not classified (+76 resident workforce)
- Construction (+56 resident workforce)