Federation Council area
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
36.4% of All industries local workers in the Federation Council area are employed part-time and 61.4% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the Federation Council area across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Federation Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||NSW%||Number||%||NSW%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||581||11.8||10.8||577||11.4||10.5||+4|
|16 hours - 24 hours||447||9.1||10.5||455||9.0||9.8||-8|
|25 hours - 34 hours||539||10.9||10.5||487||9.6||9.9||+52|
|35 hours - 39 hours||833||16.9||19.1||744||14.7||18.3||+89|
|41 hours - 48 hours||430||8.7||9.1||535||10.5||10.1||-105|
|49 hours or more||830||16.9||14.9||959||18.9||16.6||-129|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the Federation Council area in 2016 compared to NSW within the Federation Council area shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 36.4% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 61.4% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for NSW within the Federation Council area.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the Federation Council area and NSW were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who did not work (4.6% compared to 3.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 16 hours - 24 hours (9.1% compared to 10.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (16.9% compared to 19.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (16.9% compared to 14.9%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the Federation Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-129 local workers)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-105 local workers)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+89 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+52 local workers)