Federation Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the Federation Council area, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to NSW.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Federation Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||NSW||Number||%||NSW||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||662||13.4||32.6||566||11.1||27.9||+96|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||423||8.6||11.1||374||7.4||10.5||+49|
|Certificate I and II Level||84||1.7||1.2||89||1.8||1.4||-5|
|Certificate III & IV Level||1,426||28.9||18.7||1,327||26.1||18.8||+99|
|Certificate Level, nfd||130||2.6||2.3||80||1.6||1.9||+50|
|Inadequately described or not stated||191||3.9||2.9||277||5.5||4.5||-86|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Federation Council area in 2016 compared to NSW shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 55.3% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 40.8% had no qualifications, compared with 65.9% and 31.1% respectively for NSW.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Federation Council area and NSW were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (13.4% compared to 32.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (28.9% compared to 18.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (40.8% compared to 31.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (8.6% compared to 11.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Federation Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-355 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+99 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+96 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (+50 local workers)