Fraser Coast Regional Council
Resident workers - Hours worked
36.0% of the resident workers in the Fraser Coast Regional Council work 40 or more hours, compared to 43.2% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the Fraser Coast Regional Council's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the Fraser Coast Regional Council depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Fraser Coast Regional Council||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||4,230||13.1||11.0||3,842||11.9||10.4||+388||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||3,370||10.4||9.4||3,173||9.8||8.8||+197||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||4,729||14.7||12.0||4,364||13.5||10.8||+365||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||6,388||19.8||19.2||6,278||19.5||18.1||+110||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,461||7.6||9.4||2,696||8.4||10.5||-235||22007|
|49 hours or more||4,748||14.7||16.6||5,117||15.9||18.4||-369||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the Fraser Coast Regional Council's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 42.2% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 55.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.8% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the Fraser Coast Regional Council and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (14.7% compared to 12.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (13.1% compared to 11.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (13.6% compared to 17.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (14.7% compared to 16.6%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Fraser Coast Regional Council decreased by 550 people (3.0%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the Fraser Coast Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+388 people)
- 49 hours or more (-369 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+365 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-235 people)