Gladstone Regional Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
50.6% of the resident workers in Gladstone Regional Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 64.5% in Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Gladstone Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Gladstone Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Gladstone Regional Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services%||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,855||10.5||1.9||2,356||8.3||2.7||+499||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,258||8.3||3.7||1,914||6.8||3.2||+344||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,661||9.8||3.5||2,444||8.6||5.4||+217||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||4,041||14.9||22.5||3,541||12.5||17.2||+500||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||3,540||13.1||14.8||4,420||15.6||13.8||-880||22007|
|49 hours or more||6,155||22.7||25.2||7,398||26.2||30.8||-1,243||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Gladstone Regional Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 32.7% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 65.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 12.7% and 87.0% respectively for Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Gladstone Regional Council area and Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (10.5% compared to 1.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (9.8% compared to 3.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.8% compared to 24.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (14.9% compared to 22.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Gladstone Regional Council area decreased by 1,889 people (9.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Gladstone Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-1,243 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-880 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+500 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+499 people)