Gladstone Regional Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
50.6% of the resident workers in Gladstone Regional Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 36.1% in Administrative and Support Services.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Gladstone Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Gladstone Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Gladstone Regional Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Administrative and Support Services%||Number||%||Administrative and Support Services%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,855||10.5||19.2||2,356||8.3||15.1||+499||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,258||8.3||11.3||1,914||6.8||7.1||+344||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,661||9.8||12.6||2,444||8.6||11.8||+217||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||4,041||14.9||15.5||3,541||12.5||14.8||+500||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||3,540||13.1||8.3||4,420||15.6||9.4||-880||22007|
|49 hours or more||6,155||22.7||16.2||7,398||26.2||23.2||-1,243||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Gladstone Regional Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to Administrative and Support Services shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 32.7% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 65.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 47.0% and 51.6% respectively for Administrative and Support Services.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Gladstone Regional Council area and Administrative and Support Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (22.7% compared to 16.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (13.1% compared to 8.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.8% compared to 11.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (10.5% compared to 19.2%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Gladstone Regional Council area decreased by 1,889 people (9.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Gladstone Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-1,243 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-880 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+500 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+499 people)