Gladstone Regional Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
50.6% of the resident workers in Gladstone Regional Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 40.5% in Public Administration and Safety.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Gladstone Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Gladstone Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Gladstone Regional Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Public Administration and Safety%||Number||%||Public Administration and Safety%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,855||10.5||4.7||2,356||8.3||4.7||+499||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,258||8.3||5.9||1,914||6.8||5.6||+344||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,661||9.8||8.4||2,444||8.6||6.1||+217||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||4,041||14.9||34.5||3,541||12.5||30.2||+500||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||3,540||13.1||12.9||4,420||15.6||15.7||-880||22007|
|49 hours or more||6,155||22.7||10.1||7,398||26.2||13.2||-1,243||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Gladstone Regional Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to Public Administration and Safety shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 32.7% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 65.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 24.2% and 75.0% respectively for Public Administration and Safety.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Gladstone Regional Council area and Public Administration and Safety were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (22.7% compared to 10.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (10.5% compared to 4.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (14.9% compared to 34.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.8% compared to 17.6%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Gladstone Regional Council area decreased by 1,889 people (9.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Gladstone Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-1,243 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-880 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+500 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+499 people)