Gladstone Regional Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
50.6% of the resident workers in Gladstone Regional Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 33.8% in Education and Training.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Gladstone Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Gladstone Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Gladstone Regional Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Education and Training%||Number||%||Education and Training%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,855||10.5||13.9||2,356||8.3||14.2||+499||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,258||8.3||13.5||1,914||6.8||12.3||+344||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,661||9.8||20.2||2,444||8.6||19.4||+217||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||4,041||14.9||12.9||3,541||12.5||14.3||+500||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||3,540||13.1||6.7||4,420||15.6||9.8||-880||22007|
|49 hours or more||6,155||22.7||15.2||7,398||26.2||12.8||-1,243||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Gladstone Regional Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to Education and Training shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 32.7% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 65.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 52.3% and 46.7% respectively for Education and Training.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Gladstone Regional Council area and Education and Training were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (22.7% compared to 15.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (13.1% compared to 6.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (9.8% compared to 20.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (8.3% compared to 13.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Gladstone Regional Council area decreased by 1,889 people (9.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Gladstone Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-1,243 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-880 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+500 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+499 people)