62.3% of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in Gladstone Regional Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 55.9% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Gladstone Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Gladstone Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Gladstone Regional Council - Wholesale Trade||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||27||5.0||5.2||27||3.9||5.2||--|
|16 hours - 24 hours||24||4.5||5.2||31||4.5||5.4||-7|
|25 hours - 34 hours||35||6.5||7.1||35||5.1||7.1||--|
|35 hours - 39 hours||99||18.4||23.7||88||12.7||20.4||+11|
|41 hours - 48 hours||99||18.4||13.7||131||19.0||14.2||-32|
|49 hours or more||134||24.9||18.9||204||29.5||21.5||-70|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Gladstone Regional Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 19.3% of the resident workers in Wholesale Trade worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 80.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 19.7% and 79.6% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) of Gladstone Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (18.4% compared to 23.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (19.1% compared to 23.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (18.4% compared to 13.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (24.9% compared to 18.9%)
The number of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Gladstone Regional Council area decreased by 117 people (-21.2%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in Gladstone Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-70 persons)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-32 persons)
- 40 hours (-26 persons)
- Not stated (-22 persons)