Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Gladstone Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Gladstone Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Gladstone Regional Council - Arts and Recreation Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Administrative and Support Services%||Number||%||Administrative and Support Services%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||68||39.3||19.2||37||25.9||15.1||+31|
|16 hours - 24 hours||7||4.0||11.3||15||10.5||7.1||-8|
|25 hours - 34 hours||19||11.0||12.6||28||19.6||11.8||-9|
|35 hours - 39 hours||23||13.3||15.5||12||8.4||14.8||+11|
|41 hours - 48 hours||10||5.8||8.3||11||7.7||9.4||-1|
|49 hours or more||18||10.4||16.2||17||11.9||23.2||+1|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Gladstone Regional Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to Administrative and Support Services shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 57.8% of the resident workers in Arts and Recreation Services worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 42.2% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 47.0% and 51.6% respectively for Administrative and Support Services.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) of Gladstone Regional Council area and the Administrative and Support Services workforce were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (39.3% compared to 19.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (4.0% compared to 11.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (5.8% compared to 8.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (10.4% compared to 16.2%)
The number of the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Gladstone Regional Council area increased by 22 people (43.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) in Gladstone Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+31 persons)
- 40 hours (+11 persons)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+11 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (-9 persons)