Gladstone Regional Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
66.6% of the male resident workers in Gladstone Regional Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 52.4% in Administrative and Support Services.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Gladstone Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Gladstone Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Gladstone Regional Council area - Males||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Administrative and Support Services%||Number||%||Administrative and Support Services%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||893||5.9||10.1||626||3.8||8.8||+267||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||565||3.7||8.0||386||2.3||4.6||+179||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||714||4.7||11.4||560||3.4||7.4||+154||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,049||13.4||13.8||1,700||10.3||10.6||+349||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,687||17.6||11.7||3,363||20.4||11.6||-676||22007|
|49 hours or more||4,888||32.0||25.3||6,025||36.5||37.3||-1,137||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Gladstone Regional Council area's male resident workers in 2016 compared to Administrative and Support Services shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 18.0% of the male resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 80.1% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 32.7% and 66.2% respectively for Administrative and Support Services.
The major differences between the hours worked by the male resident workers of Gladstone Regional Council area and Administrative and Support Services were:
- A larger percentage of male resident workers worked 49 hours or more (32.0% compared to 25.3%)
- A larger percentage of male resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (17.6% compared to 11.7%)
- A smaller percentage of male resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (4.7% compared to 11.4%)
- A smaller percentage of male resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (3.7% compared to 8.0%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the male resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Gladstone Regional Council area decreased by 1,604 people (11.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the male resident workers in Gladstone Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-1,137 males)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-676 males)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+349 males)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+267 males)