Gladstone Regional Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
30.0% of the female resident workers in Gladstone Regional Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 23.9% in Administrative and Support Services.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Gladstone Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Gladstone Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Gladstone Regional Council area - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Administrative and Support Services%||Number||%||Administrative and Support Services%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,958||16.6||26.0||1,734||14.7||18.5||+224||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,691||14.3||14.2||1,531||13.0||9.5||+160||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,948||16.5||14.8||1,884||16.0||15.8||+64||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,988||16.8||17.5||1,840||15.6||19.0||+148||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||853||7.2||6.3||1,057||9.0||6.8||-204||22007|
|49 hours or more||1,273||10.8||8.5||1,373||11.7||13.1||-100||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Gladstone Regional Council area's female resident workers in 2016 compared to Administrative and Support Services shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 51.6% of the female resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 46.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 57.9% and 41.4% respectively for Administrative and Support Services.
The major differences between the hours worked by the female resident workers of Gladstone Regional Council area and Administrative and Support Services were:
- A larger percentage of female resident workers worked 40 hours (12.0% compared to 9.1%)
- A larger percentage of female resident workers worked 49 hours or more (10.8% compared to 8.5%)
- A larger percentage of female resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (16.5% compared to 14.8%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (16.6% compared to 26.0%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the female resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Gladstone Regional Council area decreased by 285 people (4.9%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the female resident workers in Gladstone Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+224 females)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-204 females)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+160 females)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+148 females)