Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Gladstone Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Gladstone Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Gladstone Regional Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,855||10.5||11.0||2,356||8.3||10.4||+499|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,258||8.3||9.4||1,914||6.8||8.8||+344|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,661||9.8||12.0||2,444||8.6||10.8||+217|
|35 hours - 39 hours||4,041||14.9||19.2||3,541||12.5||18.1||+500|
|41 hours - 48 hours||3,540||13.1||9.4||4,420||15.6||10.5||-880|
|49 hours or more||6,155||22.7||16.6||7,398||26.2||18.4||-1,243|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Gladstone Regional Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 32.7% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 65.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.8% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of Gladstone Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (14.9% compared to 19.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.8% compared to 17.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (13.1% compared to 9.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (22.7% compared to 16.6%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Gladstone Regional Council area decreased by 1889 people (-9.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in Gladstone Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-1,243 persons)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-880 persons)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+500 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+499 persons)