Gladstone Regional Council area
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Manufacturing) technicians and trades workers in Gladstone Regional Council area than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Gladstone Regional Council area's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Gladstone Regional Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||1,341||36.5||27.7||1,708||35.5||29.4||-367||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||29||0.8||1.0||28||0.6||0.7||+1||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||240||6.5||10.1||366||7.6||10.6||-126||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,127||30.7||13.6||1,325||27.5||13.8||-198||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||53||1.4||1.0||113||2.3||1.5||-60||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Manufacturing) in Gladstone Regional Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (1,341 people or 36.5%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (1,127 people or 30.7%)
- Professionals (337 people or 9.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,805 people in total or 76.4% of the resident workers (Manufacturing).
In comparison, Queensland employed 27.7% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 13.6% in Machinery Operators And Drivers; and 6.9% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Manufacturing) of Gladstone Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (30.7% compared to 13.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (36.5% compared to 27.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Labourers (5.7% compared to 20.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Managers (7.5% compared to 14.0%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Manufacturing)] in Gladstone Regional Council area decreased by 1,141 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Manufacturing) between 2011 and 2016 in Gladstone Regional Council area were for those employed as:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-367 people)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-198 people)
- Labourers (-197 people)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-126 people)