Gladstone Regional Council area
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Wholesale Trade) technicians and trades workers in Gladstone Regional Council area than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Gladstone Regional Council area's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Gladstone Regional Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||100||18.5||10.0||111||16.2||9.6||-11||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||6||1.1||0.5||--||--||0.3||--||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||90||16.6||16.8||95||13.9||17.6||-5||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||100||18.5||15.5||136||19.9||15.4||-36||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||12||2.2||0.9||12||1.8||1.2||0||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in Gladstone Regional Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (100 people or 18.5%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (100 people or 18.5%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (90 people or 16.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 290 people in total or 53.6% of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade).
In comparison, Queensland employed 10.0% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 15.5% in Machinery Operators And Drivers; and 16.8% in Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) of Gladstone Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (18.5% compared to 10.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Sales Workers (13.7% compared to 19.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Managers (14.8% compared to 19.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Professionals (7.8% compared to 10.9%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Wholesale Trade)] in Gladstone Regional Council area decreased by 143 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) between 2011 and 2016 in Gladstone Regional Council area was for those employed as:
- Sales Workers (-56 people)