Gladstone Regional Council area
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Retail Trade) sales workers in Gladstone Regional Council area than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Gladstone Regional Council area's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Gladstone Regional Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Other Services%||Number||%||Other Services%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||175||6.8||49.3||160||6.0||55.1||+15||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||16||0.6||13.9||21||0.8||10.0||-5||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||125||4.8||12.1||184||6.9||11.7||-59||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||72||2.8||1.6||70||2.6||1.9||+2||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||20||0.8||0.8||18||0.7||1.3||+2||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Retail Trade) in Gladstone Regional Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Sales Workers (1,481 people or 57.2%)
- Labourers (327 people or 12.6%)
- Managers (321 people or 12.4%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,129 people in total or 82.3% of the resident workers (Retail Trade).
In comparison, Other Services employed 1.8% in Sales Workers; 8.9% in Labourers; and 6.5% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Retail Trade) of Gladstone Regional Council area and Other Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) employed as Sales Workers (57.2% compared to 1.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (6.8% compared to 49.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (0.6% compared to 13.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (4.8% compared to 12.1%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Retail Trade)] in Gladstone Regional Council area decreased by 98 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Retail Trade) between 2011 and 2016 in Gladstone Regional Council area were for those employed as:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-59 people)
- Managers (-57 people)