Gladstone Regional Council area
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more female resident workers clerical and administrative workers in Gladstone Regional Council area than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Gladstone Regional Council area's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Gladstone Regional Council area - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||717||6.1||4.5||660||5.6||4.5||+57||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||1,976||16.7||16.7||1,628||13.8||14.9||+348||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||2,403||20.3||22.2||2,770||23.5||24.7||-367||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||332||2.8||1.4||406||3.4||1.5||-74||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||131||1.1||1.3||180||1.5||1.6||-49||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the female resident workers in Gladstone Regional Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (2,403 people or 20.3%)
- Professionals (2,239 people or 18.9%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (1,976 people or 16.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 6,618 people in total or 56.0% of the female resident workers .
In comparison, Queensland employed 22.2% in Clerical and Administrative Workers; 23.7% in Professionals; and 16.7% in Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the female resident workers of Gladstone Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of female resident workers employed as Labourers (11.2% compared to 8.0%)
- A larger percentage of female resident workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (6.1% compared to 4.5%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers employed as Professionals (18.9% compared to 23.7%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (20.3% compared to 22.2%)
The number of people in the female resident workers ] in Gladstone Regional Council area increased by 46 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the female resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Gladstone Regional Council area were for those employed as:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-367 females)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+348 females)
- Professionals (+258 females)
- Sales Workers (-128 females)