Gladstone Regional Council area
Local workers - Hours worked - Administrative and Support Services
42.9% of Administrative and Support Services local workers in Gladstone Regional Council area are employed part-time and 56.1% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in Gladstone Regional Council area across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Gladstone Regional Council area - Administrative and Support Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||121||16.8||16.7||94||14.3||15.1||+27|
|16 hours - 24 hours||83||11.5||14.0||42||6.4||12.2||+41|
|25 hours - 34 hours||82||11.4||13.9||82||12.5||12.8||--|
|35 hours - 39 hours||123||17.1||18.1||109||16.6||18.1||+14|
|41 hours - 48 hours||70||9.7||6.8||66||10.0||8.2||+4|
|49 hours or more||123||17.1||11.5||138||21.0||13.3||-15|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Administrative and Support Services workforce in Gladstone Regional Council area in 2016 compared to Queensland within Gladstone Regional Council area shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 42.9% of the Administrative and Support Services workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 56.1% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 47.6% and 51.2% respectively for Queensland within Gladstone Regional Council area.
The major differences between the hours worked by the Administrative and Support Services workforce in Gladstone Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (11.4% compared to 13.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (12.2% compared to 14.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 41 hours - 48 hours (9.7% compared to 6.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (17.1% compared to 11.5%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the Administrative and Support Services workforce in Gladstone Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+41 local workers)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+27 local workers)
- 49 hours or more (-15 local workers)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+14 local workers)