Gladstone Regional Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - Arts and Recreation Services
In Gladstone Regional Council area, the Arts and Recreation Services workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Gladstone Regional Council area - Arts and Recreation Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||20||13.0||22.2||18||13.2||19.2||+2|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||22||14.3||11.8||9||6.6||9.9||+13|
|Certificate I and II Level||4||2.6||1.6||0||0||1.9||+4|
|Certificate III & IV Level||42||27.3||18.8||26||19.1||17.5||+16|
|Certificate Level, nfd||3||1.9||2.5||0||0||2.1||+3|
|Inadequately described or not stated||3||1.9||2.6||10||7.4||3.5||-7|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Gladstone Regional Council area in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 59.1% of the workers (Arts and Recreation Services) who held educational qualifications, and 39.0% had no qualifications, compared with 56.8% and 40.6% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Arts and Recreation Services) of Gladstone Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Arts and Recreation Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (13.0% compared to 22.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Arts and Recreation Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (27.3% compared to 18.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Arts and Recreation Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (14.3% compared to 11.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Arts and Recreation Services) with No qualification (39.0% compared to 40.6%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Arts and Recreation Services workforce in Gladstone Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Certificate III & IV Level (+16 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+13 local workers)
- No qualification (-13 local workers)
- Certificate I and II Level (+4 local workers)