Gladstone Regional Council area
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In Gladstone Regional Council area, 21.0% of workers were Technicians and Trades Workers, compared to 36.8% in Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Gladstone Regional Council area will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Gladstone Regional Council area;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Gladstone Regional Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||5,581||21.0||36.8||6,196||22.2||41.4||-615|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,437||9.2||0.7||1,974||7.1||0.4||+463|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||2,880||10.8||10.8||3,290||11.8||10.9||-410|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||3,256||12.2||17.3||3,758||13.5||12.8||-502|
|Inadequately described or not stated||465||1.7||2.1||559||2.0||1.1||-94|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in Gladstone Regional Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (5,581 local workers or 21.0%)
- Professionals (3,748 local workers or 14.1%)
- Labourers (3,376 local workers or 12.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 12,705 people in total or 47.8% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, the Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services workforce in Gladstone Regional Council area employed 36.8% as Technicians and Trades Workers; 8.8% as Professionals and 14.3% as Labourers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in Gladstone Regional Council area and Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (21.0% compared to 36.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (9.2% compared to 0.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (8.6% compared to 1.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (14.1% compared to 8.8%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in Gladstone Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-615 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-502 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+463 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-410 local workers)