Gladstone Regional Council area
Local workers - Occupations - Wholesale Trade
In Gladstone Regional Council area (Wholesale Trade), 19.9% of workers were Technicians and Trades Workers, compared to 19.2% in Queensland.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Gladstone Regional Council area will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Gladstone Regional Council area;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Gladstone Regional Council area - Wholesale Trade||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||109||19.9||10.0||110||16.4||9.6||-1|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||4||0.7||0.5||--||0||0.3||--|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||92||16.8||16.9||92||13.7||17.7||--|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||100||18.2||15.6||132||19.7||15.4||-32|
|Inadequately described or not stated||12||2.2||0.9||13||1.9||1.2||-1|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in Gladstone Regional Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (109 local workers or 19.9%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (100 local workers or 18.2%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (92 local workers or 16.8%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 301 people in total or 54.9% of the Wholesale Trade local workers.
In comparison, Queensland employed 10.0% as Technicians and Trades Workers; 15.6% as Machinery Operators And Drivers and 16.9% as Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in Gladstone Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (19.9% compared to 10.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Sales Workers (12.6% compared to 19.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Managers (14.4% compared to 18.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (18.2% compared to 15.6%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in Gladstone Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Sales Workers (-62 local workers)
- Labourers (-33 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-32 local workers)
- Professionals (+21 local workers)