City of Gosnells
Resident workers - Hours worked
26.1% of the resident workers (Retail Trade) in the City of Gosnells work 40 or more hours, compared to 26.5% in Western Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the City of Gosnells's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the City of Gosnells depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Gosnells||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,221||21.5||23.6||1,165||20.2||22.6||+56||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||857||15.1||14.9||789||13.7||13.9||+68||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||792||14.0||13.9||694||12.0||12.4||+98||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,110||19.6||16.9||1,030||17.8||15.5||+80||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||352||6.2||6.4||480||8.3||7.7||-128||22007|
|49 hours or more||433||7.6||9.1||538||9.3||11.1||-105||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Gosnells's resident workers (Retail Trade) in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 53.3% of the resident workers (Retail Trade) worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 45.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 55.6% and 43.4% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Retail Trade) of the City of Gosnells and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) worked 35 hours - 39 hours (19.6% compared to 16.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) worked 40 hours (12.3% compared to 11.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) worked 1 hour - 15 hours (21.5% compared to 23.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) worked 49 hours or more (7.6% compared to 9.1%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers (Retail Trade) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Gosnells decreased by 207 people (7.4%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Retail Trade) in the City of Gosnells between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-128 people)
- 49 hours or more (-105 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+98 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+80 people)