City of Gosnells
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers technicians and trades workers in the City of Gosnells than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Gosnells's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Gosnells||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||9,340||17.6||16.2||9,352||18.3||16.7||-12||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||5,830||11.0||10.6||4,897||9.6||9.4||+933||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||7,417||14.0||13.0||8,449||16.5||14.4||-1,032||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||5,318||10.0||7.5||5,259||10.3||7.6||+59||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||976||1.8||1.7||826||1.6||1.5||+150||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in City of Gosnells in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (9,340 people or 17.6%)
- Professionals (8,131 people or 15.4%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (7,417 people or 14.0%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 24,888 people in total or 47.0% of the resident workers .
In comparison, Western Australia employed 16.2% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 20.5% in Professionals; and 13.0% in Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of the City of Gosnells and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (10.0% compared to 7.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Labourers (12.0% compared to 9.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Professionals (15.4% compared to 20.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Managers (8.4% compared to 12.0%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in City of Gosnells increased by 1,867 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Gosnells were for those employed as:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-1,032 people)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+933 people)
- Professionals (+851 people)
- Labourers (+547 people)