Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the City of Gosnells's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 and 2021 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Gosnells||2021||2016||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia||Number||%||Western Australia||2016 - 2021|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||9,809||16.8||15.3||9,340||17.6||16.2||+469|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||7,286||12.5||11.8||5,830||11.0||10.6||+1,456|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||7,434||12.7||12.1||7,417||14.0||13.0||+17|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||6,217||10.6||7.7||5,318||10.0||7.5||+899|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,110||1.9||1.7||976||1.8||1.7||+134|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the City of Gosnells in 2021shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (9,817 people or 16.8%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (9,809 people or 16.8%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (7,434 people or 12.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 27,060 people in total or 46.3% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, Western Australia employed 22.0% in Professionals; 15.3% in Technicians and Trades Workers and 12.1% in Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Gosnells and Western Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (16.8% compared to 22.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Managers (8.3% compared to 12.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (10.6% compared to 7.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Labourers (11.9% compared to 9.4%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the City of Gosnells increased by 5,443 between 2016 and 2021.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2016 and 2021 in the City of Gosnells were those employed as:
- Professionals (+1,686 persons)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+1,456 persons)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+899 persons)
- Labourers (+600 persons)