Town of Victoria Park
Resident workers - Field of qualification
There are more resident workers qualified in Management and Commerce in Town of Victoria Park than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among Town of Victoria Park's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in Town of Victoria Park or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of Town of Victoria Park, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Town of Victoria Park||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||748||4.3||2.5||643||3.8||2.3||+105||30000||P|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||2,209||12.6||14.1||2,154||12.8||13.8||+55||50000||P|
|Architecture and Building||742||4.2||4.3||669||4.0||4.1||+73||60000||P|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||196||1.1||1.6||186||1.1||1.5||+10||70000||P|
|Management and Commerce||2,958||16.9||13.0||2,710||16.2||11.4||+248||91000||P|
|Society and Culture||1,564||8.9||7.3||1,288||7.7||6.2||+276||92000||P|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||710||4.1||3.7||657||3.9||3.4||+53||94000||P|
|Mixed Field Programmes||21||0.1||0.1||18||0.1||0.1||+3||95000||P|
|Not stated or inadequately described||378||2.2||2.5||492||2.9||3.2||-114||96000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the field of qualifications in Town of Victoria Park shows that the three largest fields the resident workers were qualified in were:
- Management and Commerce (2,958 people or 16.9%)
- Engineering and Related Technologies (2,209 people or 12.6%)
- Society and Culture (1,564 people or 8.9%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 6,731 people in total or 38.5% of the resident workers .
In comparison, Western Australia employed 13.0% in Management and Commerce; 14.1% in Engineering and Related Technologies; and 7.3% in Society and Culture.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers of Town of Victoria Park and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers qualified in Management and Commerce (16.9% compared to 13.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers qualified in Natural and Physical Sciences (4.3% compared to 2.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers qualified in Society and Culture (8.9% compared to 7.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies (12.6% compared to 14.1%)
The number of resident workers in Town of Victoria Park increased by 714 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Town of Victoria Park were for those qualified in:
- Society and Culture (+276 people)
- Management and Commerce (+248 people)
- Health (+188 people)
- Education (+111 people)