City of Armadale
Resident workers - Hours worked
42.3% of the resident workers in City of Armadale work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.6% in Western Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Armadale's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Armadale depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Armadale||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||4,058||11.2||11.9||2,935||9.9||10.8||+1,123||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||3,256||9.0||9.9||2,604||8.8||9.2||+652||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3,937||10.9||10.7||2,886||9.7||9.5||+1,051||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||7,605||21.0||17.2||5,477||18.4||15.8||+2,128||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||3,502||9.7||9.5||3,373||11.3||10.9||+129||22007|
|49 hours or more||5,164||14.2||17.3||5,032||16.9||19.6||+132||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by City of Armadale's resident workers in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 35.0% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 63.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 36.5% and 61.8% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of City of Armadale and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (21.0% compared to 17.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (14.2% compared to 17.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (9.0% compared to 9.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (11.2% compared to 11.9%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in City of Armadale increased by 3,726 people (19.4%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in City of Armadale between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+2,128 people)
- 40 hours (+1,337 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+1,123 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+1,051 people)