City of Gosnells
Resident workers - Hours worked
40.4% of the resident workers in City of Gosnells work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.6% in Western Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Gosnells's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Gosnells depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Gosnells||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||6,003||11.3||11.9||4,991||9.8||10.8||+1,012||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||5,231||9.9||9.9||4,433||8.7||9.2||+798||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||5,893||11.1||10.7||4,972||9.7||9.5||+921||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||11,579||21.9||17.2||10,185||19.9||15.8||+1,394||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||4,640||8.8||9.5||5,432||10.6||10.9||-792||22007|
|49 hours or more||6,618||12.5||17.3||7,940||15.5||19.6||-1,322||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by City of Gosnells's resident workers in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a similar proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 35.7% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 62.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 36.5% and 61.8% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of City of Gosnells and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (21.9% compared to 17.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (19.1% compared to 17.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (12.5% compared to 17.3%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in City of Gosnells decreased by 275 people (0.8%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in City of Gosnells between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+1,394 people)
- 49 hours or more (-1,322 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+1,012 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+921 people)