City of Kalamunda
Resident workers - Hours worked
44.6% of the resident workers in City of Kalamunda work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.6% in Western Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Kalamunda's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Kalamunda depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Kalamunda||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||3,228||11.9||11.9||2,993||11.0||10.8||+235||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,576||9.5||9.9||2,462||9.1||9.2||+114||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3,002||11.0||10.7||2,631||9.7||9.5||+371||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||4,822||17.7||17.2||4,441||16.4||15.8||+381||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,621||9.6||9.5||3,119||11.5||10.9||-498||22007|
|49 hours or more||4,411||16.2||17.3||4,981||18.4||19.6||-570||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by City of Kalamunda's resident workers in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a similar proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 36.1% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 62.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 36.5% and 61.8% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of City of Kalamunda and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (18.8% compared to 17.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (16.2% compared to 17.3%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in City of Kalamunda decreased by 340 people (2.0%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in City of Kalamunda between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-570 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-498 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+381 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+371 people)