There are more resident workers (All industries) Technicians and Trades Workers in the City of Armadale than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the City of Armadale's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Armadale||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia||Number||%||Western Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||6,393||17.6||16.2||5,624||18.9||16.7||+769|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||4,092||11.3||10.6||2,990||10.0||9.4||+1,102|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||5,194||14.3||13.0||4,665||15.7||14.4||+529|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||3,768||10.4||7.5||3,156||10.6||7.6||+612|
|Inadequately described or not stated||546||1.5||1.7||470||1.6||1.5||+76|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the City of Armadale in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (6,393 people or 17.6%)
- Professionals (5,728 people or 15.8%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (5,194 people or 14.3%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 17,315 people in total or 47.7% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, Western Australia employed 16.2% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 20.5% in Professionals and 13.0% in Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Armadale and Western Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (15.8% compared to 20.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (10.4% compared to 7.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Managers (9.2% compared to 12.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (17.6% compared to 16.2%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the City of Armadale increased by 6,540 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Armadale were those employed as:
- Professionals (+1,695 persons)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+1,102 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+769 persons)
- Sales Workers (+714 persons)