There are more resident workers (All industries) Technicians and Trades Workers in the City of Gosnells than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the City of Gosnells's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Gosnells||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia||Number||%||Western Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||9,340||17.6||16.2||9,352||18.3||16.7||-12|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||5,830||11.0||10.6||4,897||9.6||9.4||+933|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||7,417||14.0||13.0||8,449||16.5||14.4||-1,032|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||5,318||10.0||7.5||5,259||10.3||7.6||+59|
|Inadequately described or not stated||976||1.8||1.7||826||1.6||1.5||+150|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the City of Gosnells in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (9,340 people or 17.6%)
- Professionals (8,131 people or 15.4%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (7,417 people or 14.0%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 24,888 people in total or 47.0% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, Western Australia employed 16.2% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 20.5% in Professionals and 13.0% in Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Gosnells and Western Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (15.4% compared to 20.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Managers (8.4% compared to 12.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (10.0% compared to 7.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Labourers (12.0% compared to 9.7%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the City of Gosnells increased by 1,867 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Gosnells were those employed as:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-1,032 persons)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+933 persons)
- Professionals (+851 persons)
- Labourers (+547 persons)