City of Armadale
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the City of Armadale, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Western Australia.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Armadale - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Western Australia||Number||%||Western Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||4,207||23.9||27.4||2,745||19.6||23.2||+1,462|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||1,864||10.6||10.8||1,319||9.4||9.8||+545|
|Certificate I and II Level||292||1.7||1.4||197||1.4||1.4||+95|
|Certificate III & IV Level||3,832||21.8||21.9||2,989||21.4||21.1||+843|
|Certificate Level, nfd||400||2.3||2.1||266||1.9||1.7||+134|
|Inadequately described or not stated||516||2.9||2.8||553||4.0||4.0||-37|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Armadale in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 60.2% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 36.9% had no qualifications, compared with 63.6% and 33.6% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the City of Armadale and Western Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (23.9% compared to 27.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (36.9% compared to 33.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate I and II Level (1.7% compared to 1.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (10.6% compared to 10.8%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the City of Armadale between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+1,462 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+843 local workers)
- No qualification (+589 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+545 local workers)