City of Gosnells
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the City of Gosnells, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Western Australia.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Gosnells - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Western Australia||Number||%||Western Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||5,300||21.8||27.4||3,653||16.1||23.2||+1,647|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||2,571||10.6||10.8||2,076||9.2||9.8||+495|
|Certificate I and II Level||355||1.5||1.4||322||1.4||1.4||+33|
|Certificate III & IV Level||5,730||23.6||21.9||5,358||23.7||21.1||+372|
|Certificate Level, nfd||599||2.5||2.1||410||1.8||1.7||+189|
|Inadequately described or not stated||668||2.7||2.8||919||4.1||4.0||-251|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Gosnells in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 59.9% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 37.4% had no qualifications, compared with 63.6% and 33.6% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the City of Gosnells and Western Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (21.8% compared to 27.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (37.4% compared to 33.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (23.6% compared to 21.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate Level, nfd (2.5% compared to 2.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the City of Gosnells between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+1,647 local workers)
- No qualification (-816 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+495 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+372 local workers)