In the City of Armadale, 19.9% of workers were Professionals, compared to 20.4% in Western Australia.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the City of Armadale will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the City of Armadale;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Armadale - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia||Number||%||Western Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||2,514||14.3||16.4||2,130||15.2||16.8||+384|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,439||13.9||10.5||1,795||12.8||9.4||+644|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||1,986||11.3||12.9||1,718||12.3||14.3||+268|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,006||5.7||7.6||750||5.4||7.7||+256|
|Inadequately described or not stated||236||1.3||1.7||169||1.2||1.5||+67|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the City of Armadale in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (3,510 local workers or 19.9%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (2,514 local workers or 14.3%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (2,439 local workers or 13.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 8,463 people in total or 48.1% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, Western Australia employed 20.4% as Professionals; 16.4% as Technicians and Trades Workers and 10.5% as Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the City of Armadale and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (13.2% compared to 8.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (13.9% compared to 10.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Managers (9.3% compared to 12.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (14.3% compared to 16.4%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the City of Armadale between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Professionals (+836 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+644 local workers)
- Sales Workers (+543 local workers)
- Labourers (+410 local workers)