There are more resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) qualified in Management and Commerce in the Gunnedah Shire than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among the Gunnedah Shire's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in the Gunnedah Shire or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of the Gunnedah Shire, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Gunnedah Shire - Persons||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Information Media and Telecommunications||Number||%||Information Media and Telecommunications||2011 - 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||0||0||0||0||0||0||--|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||8||11.8||0||3||5.1||13.6||+5|
|Architecture and Building||0||0||0||0||0||0||--|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||0||0||0||0||0||0||--|
|Management and Commerce||23||33.8||25.9||25||42.4||13.6||-2|
|Society and Culture||0||0||11.1||0||0||0||--|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||0||0||0||0||0||0||--|
|Mixed Field Programmes||0||0||0||0||0||0||--|
|Not stated or inadequately described||3||4.4||0||0||0||13.6||+3|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the field of qualifications in the Gunnedah Shire shows that the three largest fields the resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) were qualified in were:
- Management and Commerce (23 people or 33.8%)
- Engineering and Related Technologies (8 people or 11.8%)
- Education (4 people or 5.9%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 35 people in total or 51.5% of the resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services).
In comparison, the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce in the Gunnedah Shire employed 25.9% in Management and Commerce; 0% in Engineering and Related Technologies and 0% in Education.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) of the Gunnedah Shire and the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) qualified in Management and Commerce (33.8% compared to 25.9%)
The number of resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) in the Gunnedah Shire increased by 9 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) between 2011 and 2016 in the Gunnedah Shire was for those qualified in:
- Engineering and Related Technologies (+5 resident workers)
- Health (+3 resident workers)
- Not stated or inadequately described (+3 resident workers)
- Management and Commerce (-2 resident workers)