Resident workers - Field of qualification
There are more resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) qualified in Management and Commerce in the Gunnedah Shire than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among the Gunnedah Shire's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in the Gunnedah Shire or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of the Gunnedah Shire, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||0||0.0||2.0||0||0.0||1.9||0||30000||P|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||0||0.0||4.4||0||0.0||4.3||0||50000||P|
|Architecture and Building||0||0.0||1.7||3||9.7||1.8||-3||60000||P|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||0||0.0||4.2||3||9.7||4.4||-3||70000||P|
|Management and Commerce||3||25.0||13.4||0||0.0||11.9||+3||91000||P|
|Society and Culture||0||0.0||12.1||0||0.0||10.8||0||92000||P|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||0||0.0||3.0||0||0.0||3.1||0||94000||P|
|Mixed Field Programmes||0||0.0||0.1||0||0.0||0.1||0||95000||P|
|Not stated or inadequately described||6||50.0||2.9||0||0.0||3.4||+6||96000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the field of qualifications in the Gunnedah Shire shows that the three largest fields the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) were qualified in were:
- Management and Commerce (3 people or 25.0%)
- Natural and Physical Sciences (0 people or 0.0%)
- Information Technology (0 people or 0.0%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 3 people in total or 25.0% of the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services).
In comparison, New South Wales employed 13.4% in Management and Commerce; 2.0% in Natural and Physical Sciences; and 1.8% in Information Technology.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) of the Gunnedah Shire and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) qualified in Management and Commerce (25.0% compared to 13.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) qualified in Society and Culture (0.0% compared to 12.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) qualified in Creative Arts (0.0% compared to 11.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies (0.0% compared to 4.4%)
The number of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) in the Gunnedah Shire decreased by 19 between 2011 and 2016.
There were no major changes in field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) between 2011 and 2016 in the Gunnedah Shire.